Council's Development Services Department performs the following functions in relation to Public Health:
- Enforcement of provisions under the Local Government Act 1993 in relation to unhealthy premises.
- Inspection of food premises for compliance with Food Safety Standards and advice regarding the construction and fitout of Food Premises.
- Manage On-site Sewerage Management Systems within the Shire.
- Provide Public Health emergency management in case of disaster or a major pollution incident.
- Perform Public Swimming Pool inspections for water quality hygiene and pool safety fencing.
- Perform Private Swimming Pool inspections in regard to pool safety fencing.
- Assessment of applications to operate Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds, Mortuaries/Undertakers, Skin Penetration Businesses, Hairdressing and Barbershops.
- Provide educational material and assistance in relation to Food Safety, Environmental Campaigns and Public Health issues.
- Management and control of Council owned properties including construction, maintenance etc. of buildings.