The Tobacco Legislation Amendment Act 2012 was passed by the NSW Parliament on 15 August 2012. The Act amends the Smoke-free Environment Act 2000 to make the following public outdoor places smoke-free areas from 7 January 2013:
1. Within 10 metres of children’s play equipment
2. Swimming pool complexes
3. Spectator areas of sports grounds or other recreational areas while organised sporting events are being held
4. Railway platforms, light rail stations and ferry wharves
5. Bus stops, light rail stops and taxi ranks
6. Within 4 metres of a pedestrian access point to a public building
Fact sheets relating to these changes are attached below.