About the role and who we are looking for:
Bland Shire Council is currently seeking a Senior Early Childhood Teacher to provide a quality Preschool service supporting and enriching children’s learning experiences, empowering and challenging them to develop to their fullest potential. In this role you will not only plan and implement educational practices, developmental activities, and learning experiences that promote and support the social, emotional, language, cognitive and physical development of all children, but also oversee other Early Childhood Teachers, Educators and Assistants to ensure the National Quality Framework is being met and delivered. This position is part time (minimum 22.5 hrs per week).
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Diploma and actively working towards a degreein Early Childhood Education
• Current “Provide first aid in an education and care setting” certificate including current CPR.
• Current CHCPRT001 (or CHCPRT025)- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk.
• Current Working with Children Check number.
• Current Class “C” Driver Licence
As a valued member of the Bland Shire Council team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
• Competitive salary and opportunity for salary progression with an hourly rate as per the Award
• 5 Weeks annual leave
• Flexible work arrangements
• Learning and career development opportunities