Published on 24 April 2020
Covid-19 Update - 10 June 2020
Bland Shire Council is reviewing its current COVID-19 restrictions along similar lines as per the directions from NSW State Government.
The Council administration building is now open to the public for the conduct of all Council related transactions. However, social distancing requirements will remain in place until further advised. Members of the public wishing to conduct a financial transaction are strongly encouraged to use a card facility wherever possible.
All customers are urged to make use of the hand sanitising facilities and social distancing advice whilst on-site. If you are ill with cold or flu like symptoms please do not visit a Council venue, contact us via phone on 69722266 or email email@example.com instead.
Bland Shire Library
The Bland Shire Library is now OPEN on restricted hours –
* The Library and Visitor Information Centre toilets remain closed with patrons asked to use nearby amenities in Lions Park and Main Street.
* The number of patrons, including staff, allowed in the library is restricted to 10 persons and people are asked to observe social distancing protocols and restrict visits to a maximum of 30 minutes
* Limited access will be available to public PC’s
* All book returns are to be made via the return chute and patrons will need to use their membership card to borrow via the self loan station
* Children aged 10 years and under must be supervised by a responsible person over 18 years of age.
* Seniors are encouraged to use the facilities where possible during the week between the hours of 10am and noon
* Access to the library will be made available to senior students wishing to access the library for study purposes between 3pm-5pm weekdays by making an appointment on 69790272.
* Face to face programs remain suspended until further notice
* The free home delivery service remains available for any library patrons in self-isolation or not wishing to enter the library space. Please call 69790272 to discuss your needs with library staff
* Newspapers will not be available until further notice
The library is taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its patrons.
All patrons are required to use the hand sanitizer available upon entry to the library. Staff reserve the right to refuse entry or ask patrons to leave who do not use the hand sanitizer provided, observe social distancing restrictions or exhibit cold and flu like symptoms.
For further enquiries please phone the library on 69790272
Visitor Information Centre
The Bland Shire Visitor Information Centre is now OPEN on restricted hours –
* The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) toilets are CLOSED with patrons asked to use nearby amenities in Lions Park and Main Street.
* The number of patrons, including staff, allowed in the combined VIC and library area is restricted to 10 persons and people are asked to observe social distancing protocols and restrict visits to a maximum of 30 minutes
* Visitors are encouraged to use the 24 hour VIC touch screen located at the entrance for instant access to information about local food, accommodation and attractions or collect a visitor information package from the foyer.
The VIC is taking all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its patrons.
All patrons are required to use the hand sanitizer available upon entry. Staff reserve the right to refuse entry or ask patrons to leave who do not use the hand sanitizer provided, observe social distancing restrictions or exhibit cold and flu like symptoms.
For further enquiries please phone Council on 69722266
Council’s playgrounds (with the exception of McCann Park) and skate parks are open but the playground equipment should still be used with caution.
Bland Preschool, Ungarie Preschool and Family Day Care continue to operate as normal.
Playrgoups, toy library and the Mobile Resource Unit programs remain suspended
Bland Home and Community Care (HACC) continue to meet the needs of local clients.
Group sessions are currently suspended
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) is encouraging residents to be tested for COVID-19 regardless of the existence of symptoms. Phone the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 831 099 to book in for a free and confidential test.
Council is supporting a request from the Federal Government to continue to promote the existence of the Covid – Safe App. Council does, however, realise that downloading the App remains a personal decision.
For the latest information regarding COVID-19 residents should visit the NSW Health website at www.health.nsw.gov.au or the NSW Health and Murrumbidgee Local Health District Facebook pages.
For further information about Government support during COVID-19 and how to access the COVID Safe app visit https://www.australia.gov.au/ or call the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 020 080
For information about Federal Government support for local businesses and employees CLICK HERE
For more information check out the new coronavirus app from the Australian Government, the new WhatsApp service, visit www.australia.gov.au or call the free coronavirus hotline on 1800 022 222.
For Murrumbidgee Local Health District Updates and information on COVID-19 CLICK HERE