The Bland District Historical Society Inc has been managing a Museum in the Wyalong district since 1965. Now located in the Old Court House in Wyalong, this heritage building displays the objects as never before.
The historic Court Room has been left as it was in 1900, and school children are encouraged to participate in minor court cases, which has proven very popular with both teachers and the children.
There is a War room where memorabilia from both world wars is displayed, with Victoria Cross winner Reg Rattey a feature.
The late 1890's bedroom, parlour and kitchen complete the interior of the Court House. Every six months the displays are changed in the public seating section of the Court Room as well as the front foyer, thus giving locals as well as visitors a reason to re visit.
The machinery and mining displays are housed in large shed at the rear of the precinct. New toilets and large gardens complete the premises. The museum is open from 2pm until 5pm from Tuesday and Sunday and closed on Mondays. The Wyalong Museum can be found on the Newell Highway on the corners of Neeld and Slee Streets Wyalong
Also available at the museum:
- Historical and ancestry information.
- Photo reproductions from our vast collection of photographs.
- Cemetery look up with photos available.
- Wyalong/West Wyalong Guided Coach Tours (Please Contact Us for Details and Bookings). - School Group Museum Tours (Please Contact Us for Details and Bookings).
The Wyalong Museum website can be viewed by clicking on the following link http://www.wyalongmuseum.com.au/index.html
Phone: 02 69712 2266