Please be advised that the 3 tonne weight restriction on unsealed roads within the Bland Shire Council area has been lifted with the exception of Spencers Lane between Gunters Lane and Mangelsdorfs Lane and Schillers Lane at Weethalle which remain closed to all traffic.
Council requests discretion on load limits and to ensure that the proposed route is safe in order to minimise unnecessary damage to the road surface.
Council regrets any inconvenience caused by the recent closures but the preservation of our road asset is of prime concern.
Further information can be provided by phoning Council’s Assets and Engineering Services Department on (02) 69722266. For future updates after hours or on weekends, please phone 0418 402350, or visit www.blandshire.nsw.gov.au
The NSW Government has announced disaster assistance in response to flooding in the Bland Shire on 18 June.
The Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) assistance includes -
* Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged, and who meet an assets and income test
* Help for councils in the affected local government areas with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
* Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
* Freight subsidies for primary producers, and
* Grants to not-for-profit organisations.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444. To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit the NSW Rural Assistance Authority website.